Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weeks 15&16


Is it real? Are we done?? Yes yes it is....I have learned so much from this class! Let's reflect on the last two weeks:

Week 15:
During this week we had an eye opener: Online learning activity. It was really fun and interesting to do because we got to find an activity online for our web group to do and then report their outcomes.  We also had a very special guest speaker, Sue Whitney, a professional "junker" come and talk to our class. I thought this was very cool to listen to her talk and she also gave each of us her new book! Im not going to lie I have been obsessed with this book ever since we received it. I love how she made the book look like a Pottery Barn layout! The things she does is amazing to me and I wish I could be that creative recreating junk. This definitely inspired me to reuse things that I already had. What a treat!

Week 16: 
During wee 16 we just had to comment on our groups activity post, and do one last reflection and comment. This will officially be our last week of blogging...phew! All though I really enjoyed the blogging process and learned a lot. It will be nice to not have to have "share%voice's" on my mind 24/7. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments and for inspiring me to make my blog better! I really enjoyed reading everyone's blogs! We have all really come a long way!

Like I have said before, I have learned so so much!! Heres a few things that come to mind of what I have learned:

-blogging
-junking
-How to be an advocate
-water prioritization
-how to use a compass(or not how to use a compass)
-plastics are the devil!
-use reusable bags when grocery shopping
-global warming
-eat more fresh vegetables and fruits and less meat!
-ozone is closing
-my web group was the best!(Abbey, Ben, SaraJ, Ingrid,Autumn!)
-how to take a good photo!
-how to leave a good comment on a blog post


7 comments:

  1. Katie-
    1. Thanks for not including me in the web group :(
    2. I don't think we learned how to use a compass.. haha
    3. Let's get margs soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE learned a lot!! Nice post, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great (last) reflection Katie! Lol, it IS going to be nice not thinking about share and voices 24/7!! Looks like you learned a lot this semester. That book that Sue gave us is actually really interesting and fun to look at! Take care Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie nice post!! and we did have great blog group!! go us and i will miss our class :( have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie- Good reflection, I am glad you learned so much and just to let you know I think we have the coolest web group ever as well!!
    Have a good summer, see you in the fall!! -S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie- its been great having you in our awesome group... have a great summer and like ben I loved the list of what you learned!:) Have a blast this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey great blog! I would like to touch base with you about your blog. Please contact me directly at chris@greenpress.com

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    Thanks,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete


This is a weird looking bug I saw in Mexico!